Monday, April 21, 2008

SLC Marathon

After the run.
We did it! YEAH! This last weekend we went up to Utah with my parents to run in the Salt Lake City Marathon. It has been so much work and dedication to prepare for the run. We have never done something so difficult physically in our life. Porter said he was about to cry. haha. Anyway, our trip was a blast. Porter was a great sport and listened to me talk about my childhood and show him around all of Orem all weekend. It was so fun to show him that part of my life. We visited so many of our cousins and were able to do a lot of fun things along with run the marathon with Kendra our sister-in-law. Check out our slide show to get the full experience! :) There were 15,000 people competing in different races that day. And a total of 1243 people in the full marathon. Porter and I were pretty happy with how we did for being rookies. We ran together for the first 16 miles but when Porter started to not feel well he told me to go ahead. Our goal was to come in around 4 hours. I came in at 3:50 and Porter at 4:10 so we were pretty excited although we were to the point of exhaustion by the end so we really didn't care. I don't know if we will ever attempt another one but maybe in a few years when we forget how hard it was. Overall it was a really cool experience. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa for taking care of us and making the trip so much fun! We love you guys! Check it out at http://racecenter.com/results/2008/slcm08.htm

12 comments:

DeWitts said...

Congrats! You guys are so amazing! I'm so proud of you guys and kendra! Looks like you guys had a fun trip.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Oh Doms and Port, I am so proud of you.. Congrats on finishing it, that is a great accomplishment. I want to hear details about it... I will give you a call.... Love ya

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Wow!! You guys are amazing. Good job! Doms, you did it under 4 hours! Thats incredible.. Good job. I hope someday I will be able to run one. You should run the 1/2 marathon in moab next march. Im looking forward to that one. It will get my butt back into shape. I have Felicia convince to do it as well. It would be fun. Good job guys!

Ashlie said...

Crazy!!! Thats great that you were able to do it. I never could. :) Good job!!!

The Hille's said...

That is so great! I give you two props for voluntarily running 26.2 miles. You have to really be dedicated and driven to train, and finish a run that far. What an awesome accomplishment.

J said...

You guys are amazing! I am so impressed! You guys are inspiring!!

angela hardison said...

That's awesome - and how fun for you guys to do it together. Congrats!

Bekah: said...

way to go!!! that is soooo incredible.

jackie said...

good heck that is SO amazing doms! i am so impressed. that is a huge accomplishment. i've missed ya in primary :) no one there to laugh at me leading the music hahaha

Paul and Heidi Broadbent said...

Congratulations guys! That is awesome. I have been attempting to run a little bit, but I don't think it is for me. I have the worst endurance. You must have worked so hard for this. I'm sad I missed you at the family party. Hopefully I will get to see you again someday.

jilliann said...

DOMINI! I haven't seen you for SO long. I just started this blog thing and I'm finding so many old pals :] I'm so happy to see you and Porter together, as life intended. You are still as beautiful and cute as ever! I hope everything is going great for you.

Cami said...

I meant to comment on this.. but that is SO awesome that you ran a marathon! really I give props to anyone that does that cause I COULD NOT!ha but that is a great accomplishment and sounds like you guys had fun. when you move to colorado and it being a little closer (well when we actually live in utah ourselves) it would be awesome to meet up with you guys. we'll have to work that out! good luck with the move and hope your house sells soon.