Leading up to Christmas is so much better than Christmas day itself. It seems so short lived once it actually gets here. I love the Spirit of Christmas and all of the happiness it brings. Here are a few pictures of the past week or so. Malli was not too fond of Santa but she did agree to giving him a kiss later that night. She is one fun girl and has loved having her cousins around for a few days! We can't wait for more fun to come. So... until I have time to post more of the fun.. here are just a few pics.
Friday, December 17, 2010
We hope this Christmas Season finds you healthy, happy and surrounded by your loved ones. We have a lot to be thankful for this year and we feel blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. We are thankful for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and are enjoy this season when we can reflect upon the things that matter most in life. We hope to keep in touch with you better and thought we should start by sharing what we have been up to in 2010. Here are a few highlights:
The biggest change for our family this year is that we have moved to Snowflake, AZ! Porter graduated from Arizona State University last May. He has decided to pursue physical therapy school next, but first he needed to gain experience working in the field. We were lucky enough for him to get a job working for White Mountain Physical Therapy back in our hometown. We were excited at the idea of moving back to Snowflake for a year while Porter worked at the physical therapy office and wait to hear if he is accepted to physical therapy school. He has really enjoyed working in this field so far. We are starting to hear back from some schools he has applied to requesting an interview, so that is a good sign. We are praying he will start school somewhere this summer!
Domini has been busy taking care of little Mallory and just started working a few hours a week for Head Start as their Nutrition Consultant. She couldn’t have a more perfect job for a stay-at-home mother. We are so grateful for this new opportunity.
We are team teaching the 17 year-old Sunday school class and have enjoyed doing that together.
Mallory is our little sunshine! She is now 17 months old and keeps us going. She loves reading books, 4-wheeler rides, and making crafts. She has quite the vocabulary already and can talk our ears off. We are so grateful to have her sweet spirit in our home.
We had a fun trip to Utah for a family reunion in October and have had the chance to spend a lot of time with family and friends this year. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all this Christmas Season.
Porter, Domini, and Mallory Caldwell
Monday, December 13, 2010
We just found out that Porter was accepted to Midwestern University's Physical Therapy Program here in Glendale, AZ! This was his first school to interview at so we will see if he gets any better offers at others schools but for now it looks like we are going to Glendale this June! It is such a relief to know that all of the hard work, and taking a leap of faith to move here so Porter could build his resume working here at White Mountain Physical Therapy, has paid off. I know this has happened because the Lord is looking out for us and helping us along the way. This is such a blessing and we are soooo grateful!
Monday, November 29, 2010
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend! It was so much fun to have Porter home for 4 whole days and to spend so much time with family! We had Thanksgiving with the Caldwell side this year and had lots of fun. Mallory ate like a champ! :) She had so much fun playing all weekend with her cousins too. Here are lots of fun pictures.
Lined up oldest to youngest (even thought it might look youngest to oldest). Malli is the smallest of her cousins but the oldest and does a pretty good job of standing her ground with the boys.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
"Double double" is how Mallory says "Gobble gobble" when she sees a turkey. She loves the holidays and makes them so much more fun for Porter and I. This month I have realized how truly blessed we have been. It seems that over the past few years I could always think of challenges we were facing at the time but the last few weeks I have seen so many blessings come our way that I really can't make a single complaint. Especially since Thanksgiving is just days away I have tried to recognize all of my blessings, even the little things. Here are just a few ways we have been blessed just this month:
- Porter has been invited for interviews at 2 Physical Therapy schools. One in Glendale and one in Connecticut!!! (we are still waiting to hear from 8 more schools)
- I had a great job really just fall into my lap. My friend suggested my name to her boss back in June and I was just contacted this month to start work, which is such good timing since I don't nurse Mallory in the day anymore and we have family around to help watch her. I really couldn't have a more perfect job. I am doing nutrition consulting for the Head Start Program in Snowflake, Holbrook, and Winslow. I can set my own hours and do a lot of work from home and it is not very many hours.
- Mallory was sick and I swear after praying for her to get better she perks right up!
- We found out that NPC was not offering the last class Porter needed (which they offered last Spring). I searched every online school in the nation and all community colleges in AZ for an online physics course and no one offered it. We were stressing about how Porter was going to get this last class. We prayed and prayed, then the next day NPC called and suggested a list of schools for me to look at. I had checked all of the schools they suggested but 3 and one of them had it online! Sounds like a small thing but this was a huge deal for us so he could get in to a PT school.
- We have a wonderful family that helps us in so many ways. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us live with you! We love it (and hope you do too!) :)
I could go on and on... I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father looking out for me and my little family. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Yep. Thats him... my handsome hunk! ARGGG... pirate. (Porter had to dress as a pirate for work. Don't laugh... I tried to make him a FREE pirate costume. haha.)
Mallory, with her Daddy and Greatgrandpa. Happy 85th Birthday Grandpa Miller! We love you.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Mallory and I at the Willis Farm.
Then, this weekend us and my parents went down to Mesa to visit the Bonds. We helped them put in their backyard (a little bit) and played (a lot). Britt had all sorts of halloween activities planned for the kids. Here are a few pictures of just a few things we did. Thanks for the good time you guys.