Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One foot in front of the other!


This last weekend we were excited to go to Snowflake to see family. We havn't been for almost 3 months, I think that is a record! We love our families so much and always can't wait to go visit again. (Thanks for taking care of us Mom's!) Unfortunately, on Saturday morning we had to do our longggg 20 miler for our training so we were pretty much shot the rest of the weekend. (This is why there are no pictures. I think my finger was even too tired to take a pic! haha) It was quite the event. My father-in-law and Gunner followed us on their four wheeler with supplies while we ran from Snowflake to Woodruff. So many times when we would catch up to Mark and Gunner they would be doing something that looked just like a Dumb and Dumber scene. I guess you would had to be there but they kept us entertained. Anyway, we are soo happy we are finished with our hardest training week! Only 2 1/2 more weeks to go!!!!!!! YEAH!

13 comments:

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

You are Crazy...20 miles...I wish I could do that...I decided that I am going to do the Triathalon thing Scott is going to do next time

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

you are awesome

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

You are tagged go to my blog to see.

DeWitts said...

Thats so funny! Gunner and my dad sure do remind me to of dumb and dumber! This weekend was fun for the short time we got to see and talk to you guys. Cooper really enjoyed playing dinosours with porter! Cooper is always telling me that he loves porter, its funny because i think he's talking about the both of you since he thinks you're both called porter!

TJ Eich said...

Domini! I was so excited to come across your blog! You both look so happy and I'm SO proud of you!
Bunches of Love~ T.J. Eich

Unknown said...

All I can say is that you two are CRAZY! I have seen all this marathon excitement first hand and it really is crazy. Can't wait for it to be over so we can hang out again! HAHA! JK We will have to have a serious party when it is all said and done. Hang in there... Just one more week to go!!!! YEA!

Unknown said...

did I say one week... sorry... I meant 2 weeks. :)

jackie said...

hey doms i missed you two on sunday! thanks for letting me and kaiden sit by you last week :) good job with the marathon i still think that is crazy and amazing accomplishment!

J said...

You are so amazing Domini! Seriously! Way to go! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Hille's said...

So John's advice is "Don't do it!" (remember this is 8 hours after the marathon, his feet are covered in blisters and his legs are tight and sore)

His real advice is pace yourself, around the 20 mile marker you'll hit a wall. And use plenty of vasoline in those friction areas! Good luck!

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Porter, are you coming up to SLC?
We should get together. I would love to finally meet your wife, I heard so much about her when we were comps, and I also need to thank her for all those candies she sent you that I would eat. Let me know if you'll have some time when you're up here and I'll give you a call.