Sunday, June 21, 2009

Baby Update / Fathers Day

Well, my body has taken a turn for the worst. The past few weeks I have had this rash on my belly and of course I thought it was normal because everyone says, "oh yeah, your belly itches when you are pregnant". Mine was EXTREMELY itchy but I thought I was just being wimpy. Then on Friday I woke up with the rash covering my feet and ankles. While I was at work I noticed it spreading up my legs and on my hands. This rash is the most itchy thing I have ever felt in my life! It hurts and burns it itches so bad. So, I told Porter about it on my way home he did some research on the Internet and we decided to call the Dr. He told me I probably have a pregnancy rash that 1 in 200 to 300 women get. He said it is so unbearable that they often times induce babies early because that is the only way to make it go away and benedryl and other meds don't really help. I told him I am in so much pain could you please induce me. He said since I was only just about 38 weeks he needed to find some reason to justify inducing me so he sent us to the hospital with our bags packed (just in case we had her!) to have a "non stress test" done to make sure the rash was not stressing the baby. The good news is that she is doing fine, but the bad news is that they decided to have us wait a little bit longer before having her. He said if I don't go in to labor soon he will induce me when I am 39 weeks (6 more days!). But, I don't think I can make it that long. The past 2 nights I have hardly slept. My hands, legs, and stomach hurt sooooo bad. Poor Porter hears me moaning and wimpering all night. I can't wait to get her out of me. This rash is called Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP) and it is one humdinger of a rash! I have the most awful pictures of it but they are too embarrassing to post. I really don't know know how much longer I can handle it and might call to be induced soon. I don't know how I am going to keep going to work feeling like this and not sleeping, besides, we would love to have our little girl!!! Oh, they say this PUPPP rash is very rare and most women that get it are having a very large baby, a multiple birth, or a boy (70%). Haha. We have so many pink things, if we have a boy he is just going to have to wear girly clothes I guess.
Anyway, enough about me, I can't believe it is Porter's first Fathers Day! Happy Fathers Day Babe! I know you will be such a good Daddy to our little girl. You already are! I was sure you would be able to hold her by today but I guess I was wrong! I can't wait to see you two together. I love you so much and hope you have a great day!

18 comments:

Creston & Cynthia said...

You poor thing!! Those last few months of pregnancy are miserable enough without all that other stuff! I know a girl that had PUPPS with both of her pregnancies...she said it was the most miserable thing you can imagine...I feel so bad for you...I hope they'll induce you soon:)

Logan & Lindy said...

Domini! Seriously you should just have them induce you SERIOUSLY! Beg them!! That so horrible! Its bad enough with having all the other last month of pregnancy things! Good luck. I cant wait to see your little bundle!

Unknown said...

Oh Doms! Your rash is terrible! It looks sooooo painful and I don't know how you are going to make it. You poor girl. Everyone has to see it beleive how bad it is.
I can't beleive you still want us to come over today. Please rest a lot and let us come take care of you.
This little girl better be a good baby for you after all this.. :)
love you!

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

Dom...so so sorry. I've been thinking about you a lot. You will be in our prayers, we wish you the best. Hang in there...Love ya!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

OHhhh Domini,
I had "PUPPS" with my twins and it was MISERABLE! I was soooo big and on bed rest in the hospital begging Brett or anyone in the room to rub me down with sand paper. I could NEVER get the itch to go away. They gave me every kind on medication and NOTHING worked. My body looked like shredded tomatoes. I still have scars were itch myself crazy. I am soooo sorry. I hope you are able to deliver soon. I wish I could tell you that it goes away right after but mine didn't. It was about 2 weeks after that I finally got relief. But they say you are allergic to the placenta and lucky me I had two so maybe HOPEFULLY yours wont last that long>? My body hurts for you. I felt like I was going to go crazy it was NONE stop itching. OHHHHHH Domini I am sorry to hear. Good luck and hang in there.

kalei and jake said...

YOU POOR THING! I am so sorry that is not fun :( I've been really itchy at night too, but no rash has come yet so I may be in your same shoes soon AH! Just think she'll be worth it in the end right?! :) Hope this baby comes soon!

Kacie said...

Domini~ You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! i am sorry you have to go through something so painful. Pregnancy is hard enough just normal. I can't wait to see this sweet baby though, and I am sure you guys are so excited!

J said...

Oh Domini, I am so sorry. I hope that things work out and they will induce you ASAP. You are one tough cookie. I will be praying for you guys.

Teresa :) said...

Oh Doms, im so sorry! That is not fair, I hope you get to deliver early too!!!! Good luck.

Cami said...

you poor thing! Hope you can survive a little longer!! you look ADORABLE! your belly is so dang cute. i am so excited for you, and to see pics of your new little baby! good luck and hang in there!

amber said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time! I hope she comes soon so you don't have to suffer anymore. Good luck!

ashley kelepolo said...

Hey Domini
That really sounds like NO fun! Just remember that it is almost over and when you have a little baby to study and hold it makes it all worth it!

Amy Dayton said...

Wow, I have never heard of PUPPP, sounds horrible!! Maybe the baby is just big in comparison to you! Hope she decides to make her debut soon!

jilliann said...

oh no! I am so sorry you are having a rough time in your last days of pregnancy. I will pray that your little girl just decides to come and relieve you ;)
good luck with everything!

Amber said...

That is sooo sad! I feel so bad for you! I hope everything works out! I totally couldn't wait! I hope your baby comes soon!

Rappleye Family said...

Well I hope you get over this fast! I have never heard of such of thing! I hope your baby stays ok through all of this :)

Courtney Curt said...

Oh dang, I've never heard of such a thing. At least they'll induce you early! Yea 6 more days! Best Wishes!