Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Sister...

Is Amazing!!!
First of all, I love her so dang much. She has always looked out for me my whole life. I remember when we were growing up she would always invite me to go places with her and her friends and was never ashamed of her little sister tagging along. She has been such a great example to me and I have always desired to following in her footsteps. Everyday she calls me, asking if I need her to get me something at the store, or she invites me to go on outings with her and her kids or involves me in any little project she is doing. Despite her being so sick these past 6 months she hasn't ceased to amaze me. We continue to pray that she will improve and feel better soon. She does so much for me, her family, and her calling in church. She is truly always thinking of others. Just last week she made these really cute time capsules for her kids so, of course she helped me make one for Mallory. Since we had the cannery's canner we put little keepsakes and letters from the kids parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents in the capsules (#10 cans) and sealed them for our kids to open them when they turn age 18. I thought is was such a cute idea. On top of all of this, she has been creating beautiful invitations, announcements, cards, etc for so many people. She recently created a blog showing some of her work so keep her in mind if you need an invite or announcement. I love everything she has done for us. Below are just a few samples. Her new blog is http://www.customcreationsbybritt.blogspot.com/
Love you so much Britt. You are the best Sister, Sister-in-law, and Aunt to us!!!
This was Malli's birth announcement she made.

This was my baby shower invite she made.

Here is the lable she made for Brynlie's time capsule. She made one for Mallory and Dayton's too.

Pictures of the kids time capsules before we sealed them up.

One of the finished capsules.

4 comments:

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

I didn't know she was sick....she never has said anything, until her last post and all that blood that they took. I am so sorry to hear that she has not been feeling well.
She is a trooper, I hope they find out what is wrong soon.I think you guys are so lucky to have each other, you both are so great.
Those time capsules you made are such a great idea. You're a family of creativity!!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, I don't know how you did it, both you and Porter....this is the hardest thing ever. I love running though, this week 15 miles.
Love you guys and thinking of you all.
Jessica

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! You are so silly sis! I could say all those things and much more about you too. You are nice. I feel fine!!! Just had a rough 6 months but I think I am doing good. No worries! I feel soooo much better!
Thanks for the fun day today.. we'll go back and sneak a picture with the bunny later. haha!
Love ya
p.s. the blog I made is lame but at least it has a few things on it that people are asking to see.

Rappleye Family said...

WHAT A CUTE IDEA WITH THE TIME CAPSULES!!! LOVE IT! It's so creative!

Kacie said...

I have got to do this! Such an amazing idea. I need to hire her to make me cute labels for the girls! What else is in them besides letters?