Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the road again

We be racin!
Today was Ethan's Run here in Mesa. I woke up and braved it alone. Although Porter is sporting his sweet shirt in the picture below and his running number, don't be fooled. He didn't make it to the race after a "2nd degree hamstring tear" he tells me. I guess that is what church softball does to ya :) The poor little guy came home limping and looked so pathetic last night. We were pretty bummed after training for the big 10K we planned on for today but oh well. Britts family was going to come too but they are all sick so it was kind of rough going for everyone this morning.

So here I am bright and early getting pumped for my race as a loner. I ran it in 48 minutes, close to my personal best time (I can't remember my old times exactly) so I was pretty happy since this was my first time 10K-ing it since having Malli. Ahhhh.... it feels so good at the END!

Where is Waldo (I mean Domini). Porter hogging all the glory when he didn't even make it out to run today due to his injury. ha.

Kiara got us girls all signed up for the London's Run last month. It was fun to run with such good company. haha. We had a good time even though we didn't quite come through with the win :) hahaha.
It feels so good to be running in races again.
I hope you get better soon babe. It is not fun without you.

8 comments:

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

i should of ran that with you today... I want to run the one next month for your cousin.. I'm in "training' ha. I look HOTTT in that picture.

Kacie said...

Thats so neat! Ethan is my cousins nephew. They all ran the run yesterday too! Thank you for doing that! How awesome! And poor Porter!

Courtney said...

way to go! I'm impressed, I don't think I could ever do that ESPECIALLY right after having a baby. You're awesome.

Courtney Curt said...

Good job in the race, and good time.

Unknown said...

um.. I think you forgot to mention that you took 3rd place in your age group! HELLO! That is crazy! You even told me you could never place in a huge race down here. 3rd place for all the 20-29 year olds! That is amazing! You are a runnin' fool! Wish we could have made it.. maybe someday. :)

marty said...

It makes me miss running with you so much. Wish my old tired knees would of held up longer. You were the best running partner ever and was the one that got me started. That time is about one of our best times we ever got in the races we won together. Sure do love ya, Mom

DeWitts said...

you are always on the run! haha! i hope porter gets feeling better. love you guys. i sure miss my little girl! give her a kiss for me.

Stacy said...

Way to go Dom! It was so fun hanging out with you and Mallory in the valley last weekend!