Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Colorado Bound!

Well, we finally decided to move. Decision are the worst! We have been toiling over this for nearly 1 year now and it feels good to finally be moving in one direction, although things are still so uncertain. Porter's Uncle has an investor who will most likely be putting in an offer on our home this week but the chances of our lender accepting it is pretty slim (keeping our fingers crossed). We have to move in 8 days so things are going to the wire and we will definitley be taking a leap of faith. We just hope and pray that all will work out. We have already been blessed so much with Porter's scholarship and I already have a job lined up to be the nutritionist at Alamosa WIC. We are so grateful for all that the Lord has blessed us with. We are really excited for this new adventure. We know we will miss friends and especially family but at least we will only be 7 1/2 hours away. I really am hating the thought of moving away from Brittney. She is such a great sister and helps me so much. We love living right by Britt, Aaron and Bryn and will miss them soooo much! Besides all of the housing stresses and packing, we have been busy getting so spend time with both of our families, which is our favorite thing in the world! I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures this weekend but my parents came down Friday and Saturday, then Porter's parents and Monty's family came Saturday-Tuesday. We were able to shop, eat, have pizza swimming parties, and Gunner had heart surgery on Monday which went really well. He is already back home now and only has to lay low for 2 more weeks. He is a strong little guy! Here are just a few pics.


Porter changing his spark plugs.



The boys, oh so proud because the truck worked after all the repairs! Dad said it runs like a "white snake" or a "stripped ape". They call themselves P.A.L. 's autoshop. haha.

Bryn being a cowboy cheerleader!

6 comments:

Courtney Curt said...

Yea, come join us in Colorado! You'll love it. Good luck with the move and the house. Stressfull time! We'll have to take a trip to visit you guys sometime. You'll be close to the huge sand dunes! I think we're about 4 hours from Alamosa. It's a beautiful drive from Alamosa to Silt!

The Hille's said...

Good luck moving! I hope everything works out for you guys! I'm sure it will! What an adventure!

Unknown said...

Funny pictures. Those boys are so proud of their repairs! haha! I am so glad things have worked out so well for you guys in Colorado. I really hope and pray the house sale goes through. If not then you can have a few months vacation to colorado and come back to me! HAHA! JK I am sure all will work out. We will miss you so much but this definitly is an opportunity you will never have again. Let me know when you want me to come help you pack... I am just waiting by the phone! :)

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Oh doms, that made me cry, even though we dont see eachother as much as i wish we did, it is going to be sad you are not close, but you know what it will be so much fun for you to be somewhere new... i am going to miss you, and little baby vowell is going to miss its aunt doms... i hope i can see you before you leave... scott is gone to snowflake, so if you need help packing or anything or just need company let me know... i am always bored... i am going to miss you... i hope you will still blog and post pictures.........

Mindy said...

Good luck Dom! It is always hard moving away from family, but it is a good experience. When you only have each other you can't help but grow closer together. We moved to Idaho for about nine months. Those are some great memories with just the two of us.

Farnes Family said...

Hey Domini- It's good to see how good you and Porter are doing. I can't believe that you moved. Good luck and I really hope things will work out for you! If you want you can check out my blog at farnesfamily.blogspot.com.
Kristie (Crook) Farnes