Monday, February 18, 2008

Marathon! Call us CRAZY!



The other day at work I learned that for every hour of exercise you will gain 2 hours of life! So, if we think we don't have time to exercise we really do! We gain time! Just a little something to think about.

Anyway, a few months ago our Sister-in-law, Kendra, mentioned that she is going to run in the Salt Lake City Marathon this April. We have always wanted to run in a marathon but have always felt too busy. We decided that we will probably NEVER feel like we have enough time to do it so why not do it NOW. Anyway, we have been training for a few months now (but is seems like forever) and we have a few more to go. The marathon is on April 19th in Salt Lake! We are getting excited but hope that we can hold up. We just feel like old fuddy duds now. We are always so wasted (tired that is :)). Haha. No fun for us! J/k It has been fun to train together. Here are a few pictures of what we went through this Saturday. When we got home from our 12 miler I had bleeding toes and we had to run through so much mud that it felt like we had 5 pound weights on each leg for a while until some of it fell of. Oh, but it is soooo much fun! (Or at least we keep telling ourselves that!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you guys are awesome. is it like a full on marathon? i really want to do one, but i think i will start with a half one. or maybe even a 5k. good luck and really, you guys are awesome.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

HHAHAHAHA Doms, you should have torn bits of paper up and put them on you're bleeding toe, like you did in school...remember.... hahaahah I am peeing my pants remembering that, I love you

Unknown said...

You guys really are CRAZY! I never knew it was so much work to train for a marathon until you guys started and I see how much of your time AND energy it takes. It is good that you do it now before the kiddos come.... not only do you lose time but energy!!! Although you are already so busy now I don't know how you fit it in. After working all day I would just want to go home and sit on the couch, not run 15 miles! I wish I had a small amount of your motivation! Anyways- you know we will be cheering you on!
Bryn says "I love you nomini nomini and buba"!

amber said...

good luck! That is awesome that you guys can do that together. Have fun. :)

DeWitts said...

poor feet! you guys are so crazy including kendra, but i'm so proud of you guys and the both of you will do great!

Bekah: said...

that is so awesome! keep up the hard work!!! :)

Courtney said...

I envy people that can do that! Good for you guys! Sadly to say I think I would die right now just running one mile! You'll have to let me know when you come up for the run, I'll try to come up there and see you guys!

J said...

GOOD LUCK! I am really impressed!! I have always wanted to run a marathon! Someday!! I am excited for you guys though. Running can be nasty nasty. You get blood, sore, pulled muscles, etc! I hope your feet feel better! Let us know how the training goes okay? P.S. Do you and Porter run together, like side by side?

Unknown said...

Hey this is Amber's husband, the one who just completed a marathon. Some how I did not end up with bleeding toes, it looks uncomforatble! Congrats on setting a marathon goal. I am so glad that I did it. My advice is that if you run at the same speed, run the race the same way. Unless at the end, in which run as fast as you can. Walk the water stations, and consume energy supplements during your training and race. Good luck!

marty said...

Your momma always wanted to run one, but since my knees are getting too old, I am going to live my dream through you guys. Can't wait to go watch you. I'm so proud.....

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Way to go!!! You guys are awesome for being to motivated. I decided one day I want to run one.. I ran a half marathon 4 years ago and that worked me over! So I Wish you the best of luck. Just plan on running for at least 4 hours straight. Ah, you will be in such great shape!good luck!

The Hille's said...

I just don't understand the marathon thing. It sounds like torture to me! John is training for the St. Louis marathon in April. I don't know how you guys do it!