Sunday, October 28, 2007

Excited but unsure! Basketball??




Thanks to our Bro.-in-Law Aaron, putting a good word in for Porter with one of his old B-ball coaches, who is now coaching in Colorado, Porter may have a chance to play college ball yet! We thought that chances were over for him, being out of high school for four and a half years now but I guess you never know what life can throw at you! He thought of playing at NAU but with us getting married and me being at ASU he passed up the opportunity, and now it is back and we just don't know what to do. The recruiting coach came here and watched Porter play in a church with some guys from the ward and they want to sign him! I bet they never thought they would be recruiting from a church ball game. haha. Anyway, we are flying up to Colorado next week to have the coach show us around and to check it out. It is a smaller school, 2 division, in Alamosa Colorado. We hear it is freeeeezing there but pretty. We will post how the big visit went. We are just having faith that whatever will be best for us happens. Who would have thought!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well- you know I have mixed feelings about this!!! :) It is the chance of a lifetime and I know you guys would have a blast, but I don't want you to leave us! What would we do! Anyways- I know it will work out for the best! Take LOTS of pictures next weekend! Love ya!

marty said...

You guys are great kids, love you both!!!!!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

brittney, this is kiara..if it is ok i want to read your blog!! i love reading about you guys, i promise i am not creepy, so if you get this my email is skvowell@gmail.com

Jessica said...

Wow, what a great opportunity and how fun that would be! Darrel and I have always loved Colorado and I would love to come and visit you guys if you go up there! Its crazy what life hands you sometimes huh?! Its funny that they watched a church b-ball game too! Gotta love church ball! Also- thanks for the recipe website. I really stoked about it!

Teresa :) said...

HEY DOMINI I AM SO JEALOUS. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PLAY SOCCER IN COLLEGE AND IF SOMEONE WAS GIVING ME THE OPPURTUNITY AFTER 4 YEARS I WOULD BE TOTALLY GRABBING IT!!! BUT THATS JUST ME. HAHA I THINK THAT WOULD BE AWESOME TO DO BUT I UNDERSTAND NOT WANTING TO LEAVE WE LOVE BEING CLOSE TO OUR FAMILY!!! GOOD LUCK DECIDING!!

Brette said...

Hey Domini this is Brette (Wood). I check your blog every once in awhile to see how you guys are doing. Congrats to Porter on this basketball thing! Thats awesome! I laughed when I read that they watched a church b-ball game. Colorado is beautiful and we all know how amazing Porter is at basketball but leaving the family is always tuff. Good luck on your decision, I hope your not creeped out that I check your blog :) and of you don't mind, you should put the bug in Misti's ear to get one of these blogs!

Brette said...

Yea I'm not sure if I can see her as the blogging type either, I'm still getting use to the fact that she's married! That would be alot of fun if they could both go up to Colorado and play together. You could teach Stratton some cheers and you two could cheer them both on! haha jk Anyway, take care and enjoy your trip to Colorado.